Sunday, March 14, 2010

Zippers

Zipper Magic

today i have learnt how to do zippers, i have been putting it off for quite a while thinking it was just too hard. well was i ever wrong, they are supper easy. Anna over at twelve22 has an awesome tutorial that's easy to follow :o)
http://www.twelve22.org/2006/07/zipper_tutorial.html
so in 1 1/2 hours i have a pencil case & 2 other cute pouches [they will be up on my handmade blog this afternoon]



Pencil Case, how cute are those skulls

Peace Love & Magic Mushrooms


isn't it funny when you really like a fabric or anything really & you just cant use it.
well i am forcing myself to use all those things i have stashed away hoping for just the right project to use them.
if there is anyone else out there who does this [who am i kidding of course there are plenty of you out there, you know who you are]
this is the day, the year. get them out & make something/use them, you know you want to.
if you do then tell me/the world about it & leave me a link so i can visit your blog.

1 comment:

greenfumb said...

Zippers are the bane of my life, one time it works the next it is a disaster. Maybe I will do the tutorial tomorrow.

I have a stash of kimono fabric that I bought to make a quilt but I can't bring myself to cut it. There is a quilting shop/club in Tea gardens so maybe I will take it all there and they will encourage me to make a start.