Monday, December 29, 2008

Days of Skirts

before Christmas i cut up my $3 secondhand sheet & made a skirt {still quite a bit let over} its an easy pattern with just 2 pieces. all straight stitching, & i added a lining. Kwik Sew Pattern 2805


yesterday between family visiting i ran up 3 more skirts using 2 different patterns.



this one is the shortest skirt on the above pattern {Kwik Sew Pattern 2805}
again with a petticoat, i added blue cotton lace & it hangs below the skirt hem.




this one is a wraparound
i found the pattern on the net at http://fitzpatterns.myshopify.com/collections/free
its the 211 Dana A-Line Wrap Skirt. just printed it out in the size i wanted, cut out & taped together.
supper easy just over a hour to run up
lov the fabric, soft cotton starts with a yellow/green, fades into aqua then to navy blue
very summery & has beach feel





this one is also the Dana 2211
this time i used a heavier cotton & added a contrast waist band & extra piece down the finished opening in Red with White spots
also just over an hour to run up.

2 comments:

Jacqueline said...

I love the last one especially - might even try this for myself. I remember doing sewing at school and the task was a wrap around skirt. I was really struggling but when I pulled it off and held it up the class couldn't stop laughing - I'd sewn the machine cover (nice chunky vinyl) into the seams! Not surprisingly, I changed to art! Hope you had a great Christmas and Happy New Year for tomorrow too.

greenfumb said...

Hi Nicole, Happy New Year. I like that last one too, I may copy it when our house guests go home on the 3rd. Can't wait to get into my sewing room/study.

xx
deb